Monday, July 20, 2009

Calling alumni

I must admit I cannot claim credit for coming up with this idea, I blatently stole it from the Harvard Alumni for Social Action (now renamed Harvard Alumni for Global Action). See their website at http://www.hasa-sasa.org/

So why do this? Because I think it's become critically important for those of us in a position to help, to actually help. But what truly helps? I don't believe that financial aid is the answer. All it has created is a culture of waste-read; Dead Aid by Dambisa Moyo!- and it helps kleptocrats and the big business of aid, but rarely does it help the actual people.

So what to do? Well this is where I hope to gather information on what to do. I'll post regular updates on where we can go and what we can do. My ultimate goal is to form an organization that can raise funds to provide education for young adults in Canada. Education that they can use to improve their home country. More to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment